1.13.2013

a homespun nursery for Story











My Storybook room, I like to call it.  There's a lot of love I've added to this small space.  A lot of love and so many babies.  Some things stayed the same this time.  My heart couldn't part with the tree I painted for Legend or the hot air balloons.  So they stayed and offered their cheer for one more of my babes.  

I had to add those touches to the room that would just be hers.  Like the "book" mobile made from  vintage hymnal readings, the baby quilt I labored over in that last trimester, floating cloud pillows, and a polka dot jumper in my favorite rescued frame.  All hers.  All part of her story, and this mama's love.

It's our little hide away now, where we rock and I dream with God for her.  And I hold her extra long well after she's finished nursing, because I remember small babies before her now so big in my arms and I'm not rushing.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this! It's absolutely beautiful. I love the story book touches like the mobile and her name pennant. So sweet. Love the quilt and the granny square blanket too! All so beautiful!

PaisleyJade said...

Stunning!

Southern Gal said...

It's so beautiful. You can feel the love poured into it just by looking at it. And you are a smart mama. Those poor first babies - we push them to do this or that quickly - then when the others come along we realize little by little that they are only babies for a millisecond. Love her hard and good. I know you do.

mandi said...

It turned out so wonderful! I love that you have a little space just for your babies. What wonderful memories it will hold for you! And that last part- about babies that are big in the arms now- I am right there with you. This time around, I'm savoring it all.

Unknown said...

OH! I LOVE the sweet fabric bunting. xo

Unknown said...

such a beautiful nursery!! wonderful job :)

arielle elise. said...

love, love her room!! (and her name!) so beautiful.

BARBIE said...

Beautiful and truly inspiring!

Mary said...

so sweet, friend.
love all of the details.
xo

Selina said...

What a beautiful room.
I have a 3 month old baby and I'm want to make her a special mobile to hang above her cot. You have just given me some great ideas!
Thank you!

Wynne Elder said...

This is beautiful!!! Beautiful!!!

Chantel said...

Just came across your blog and LOVE it! Love your honesty and creativity. And I really love this room!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape