3.29.2011

i'm a big girl now


The other day I painted all by myself.  Oh the joy!

I was at my mother-in-love's house and she gave me the idea.  The kids were sleeping and I got to use "big girl" paints.  I think it's been a little over a year that I've sat down to paint "for real".  And it felt so good.  Not that I don't enjoy the numerous finger paintings and toast paintings, face paintings, toenail paintings, and paintings on mamma's wall.  Those are all fun, but they often require A LOT of clean up. Well, except for the time when we made homemade pudding paint.  We ended up licking the bowls clean and ourselves of course.




This, on the other hand, was stress-free, pain-free, and relatively mess-free.

I feel all growed up.


P.S.   My Dear Friends,

If you still stop by every now and then to make sure I'm yet alive and to read my scattered posts that reflect my scattered brain, I want to thank you from the absolute bottom of my still beating heart.  Life with little ones can be a consuming endeavor and I just want you to know that I love and appreciate your  presence here.  It makes this housewife of toddler county feel so rich in friendships :)

20 comments:

Kristin said...

I just love stopping by to read your blog, Joye! :) You are so talented as an artist!! I admire that so much, because I cannot draw at all! ha! What a beautiful painting!!

Mindy Harris said...

joye you made such a lovely rose. i'm glad you got some time in to do something creatively fulfilling. i am almost done with a felt wreath and it feels good!

Lisa Grace said...

Beautiful! That is not a gifting I have, but I do love it. I'm glad you got that time in :)

Mamasita said...

Your painting is beautiful! And yes, I come and check in on you ALOT! :-) Miss you dearie!
Happy Spring Friend,
Maggie

PaisleyJade said...

Stunning painting - so wish I could paint! Lovely that you got to spend some time doing it. xoxo

Cole Franke said...

So beautiful Joye! Always look forward to your posts. :)

jacksta said...

lovely!

Unknown said...

totally understand the busy toddler lifestyle and just glad to see that you are doing well and are still able to do 'big girl' things!!!

beautiful!

Stephanie said...

So beautiful...not only the picture, but the woman behind the picture. I've not been visiting/commenting on many blogs lately (or posting on my own blog as often either), but I'm still thankful to know you and am always blessed when I do visit. Love you!

Mindy Harris said...

i am so stoked you like my living room. you have impeccable taste and i can't believe you like our pad. that is just too COOL.

Leslie @ top of the page said...

i love your blog too. and it's good to follow a blog that doesn't post crazy often, since those blogs kinda stress me out...i get a weird feeling like I'm behind if I can't read all the posts. which is how i feel about most things around my house...behind. so thank you for not adding to the list of things i'm behind on :)

Katherine Schultz said...

So beautiful! Loved looking through all of those beauties.

K xx

www.thoseblissmoments.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

stumbled on your blog and just enjoyed reading a little. and the closest thing I'll ever get to painting something is with finger paints! beautiful job.

Erin said...

I have two Rubie Joye K originals hanging in my house :)

katy said...

ah! what a pretty painting! you're little ones look like they're having a wonderful time too. :) love the pictures.

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

I just happened upon your blog for the first time today. Your heart is all over the place. I enjoyed the sweet presence in this place. Like your painting too.

Lee Ann

BARBIE said...

Your painting is absolutely beautiful. You truly have a gift. And I love reading your blog!

Theresa Miller said...

Joye,
you are full of gifts and talents. Thanks for sharing another piece of you!

Breeanna @ a brilliant melody said...

such a beautiful painting!

http://stacey-dellfamily.blogspot.com/ said...

What do you use to edit your pics? I love the vintage picture look!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape