10.04.2010

daddy's little ballerina

Dearest and Sweetest Astair,

You are sunshine and light, rose petals and pink tutus.  Like autumn leaves, you're rarely ever still.  You're a flash of color, laughter floating on a fragrant breeze.  You have a gentle radiance that captivates us.  We're mesmerized by your sweet almond eyes and that little nose that scrunches up when you smile. 

You change clothes faster than I can blink.  That's why Mimi bought you a tutu last year and we were so sure you would love it.  But you adamantly refused to wear it.  So, I put it away in a closet.  You found it the other day and wouldn't take it off!  You wore it to bed over your pajamas, you napped in it, you danced in it, you refused to remove it for almost three straight days!

Watching you run and play with gleaming eyes and joyful abandon makes your daddy and me so unbelievably happy.  This must be just a taste of how your Father God feels about you. 
You utterly delight him!
"The Lord you God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."  -Zephaniah 3:17
God loves you like crazy and so do we!
♥ ♥
Mommy and Daddy

13 comments:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Aww... beautiful post. Beautiful photos. Precious little girl. :)

Maria Trochelman said...

I think she feels the same way about her tutu as my son does his t-rex costume :) Very sweet!

Coby said...

This is just beautiful - so full of love and delight for your daughter! I love the pink toenails!

Lauren said...

how absolutely COMPLETELY precious!!! I would love to have a daughter some day... I'll just have to keep praying and keep adopting I guess! haha

Lara said...

I put my little ellie in a tutu for her first birthday this weekend. It was so cute! Little girls should definitely wear tutus!

BARBIE said...

How precious! Love the tutu, the pink toes, the love shown here.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little angel you have there! I'm so glad my girl isn't the only one with tons of energy...I've never seen anyone be able to do all the things she does and still be able to stay up half the night!

Anonymous said...

SO precious

Cherish Stockdale said...

That tu tu is super cute!! Love it!

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

SO sweet ! Love the tutu. I made both my girls tutus.

Smiles,
Rachel

Theresa Miller said...

Love, love, love that scripture verse. And what a precious note to your daughter!

Unknown said...

So beautiful! What a lovely little girl you have!!

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

you can just feel her happiness and light come through those photos. what a blessing!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape