3.03.2010

just havin' some fun


{this picture was just taken with my honey's phone and sent to my blog}

We really want to post through my labor and delivery so we just downloaded an app called Shozu for honey's iPhone.  Ok, so I say "we" but in truth, I know "I" will definitely NOT be wanting to type any kind of nice calm message while I'm in labor!  That will all be up to my man.  I do think it will be a wonderful birthing journal and I'm excited to have it as a keepsake.

I soo appreciated all the wonderful suggestions to help "get things movin'"!  You guys are great!  I did take many of your suggestions, too!

Some of my faves to add to "the induction list" were:

  • Eat eggplant parmigian-- suggested by Mommara and Debi  (I laughed so hard when I visited the page with the recipe that Debi suggested!  This restaurant claims that their recipe will put women in labor within 48 hours or they get another meal for free.  Their walls are covered with photos of babies delivered after eating their dish!  You better believe I ate some for lunch!!)
  • Reflexology--suggested by Jill  (now to find a reflexologist...)
  • Evening primrose oil--suggested by Simply Dawn  (I won't get too technical about how this one is administered)
  • Acupuncture--suggested by Lisa  (takes a brave soul)
I just had a doctor's appointment and nothing has changed so I'll probably be eating eggplant parmigian for breakfast, lunch, and supper till this baby comes!


Posted by ShoZu

22 comments:

Amy said...

That is cool! Can't wait to see your post of Legend's arrival.
Blessings,
Amy

Mommara said...

Did the Eggplant Parm work? :) Does this mean it's almost time? I just got really excited.

PaisleyJade said...

yay - the test worked! Thanks for your comment today too.

Kristin said...

Yay! I can't wait!

carissa said...

love the pic. can't wait to hear about eggplant parm... i want to know if it indeed works. keep us posted. : )

Mich said...

fun picture!

prayers and blessings...

Lisa said...

Te Evening Primrose comes in tablets that you can take orally too...maybe a more enticing alternative?? ;O)

christy rose said...

I am excited to see a picture of him. come on eggplant parmigian work!!!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

You are so cute! Keep having fun, girlie! Praying for you as you await the arrival of your next sweet bundle of joy!

Love to you....

Rebekah said...

Thinking and praying for you, may it be a truely blrssed and spiritual labour and birth. Look forward to hearing how it all went. Xx

~*~ Allison ~*~ said...

I know several people who have traveled to GA just to have that eggplant parm.
Hope it works for you!!!

Many blessings,
Allison

Amber Zimmerman said...

Thanks for your kind words on my blog! I've bookmarked you too. . .love your blog. So you're trying to find a way to get things movin'? One of my pregnancies, I added castor oil to orange juice (about 2 tblspns every 3-4 hrs). I googled it to be safe. It's a mid-wife remedy. It worked like a charm! Good luck to you. Look forward to seeing which one was successful. ;-)

Lei said...

Oh good luck. I know that feeling on angst TOO WELL. Still, I feel obligated to repeat "get some rest, your body will need it!"

Loren said...

Eat up my friend....eat up!


Love your picture! Soo sweet

Lauren said...

yum! Eat up!! : ) Haha

Lauren said...

oh and PS - I am so excited that your hubby is going to blog for you during labor and after delivery!!! YAY!!

judi said...

I found my way to your blog via Laughing at The Days to Come link to your womb baby's room. It is adorable! You are truly blessed by such a cute and awesome family. I wish you well and God's blessings on your new addition. I love your kiddos names...always preferred the uncommon ones.
~judi ;)
the1829farmhouse.blogspot.com

Holly said...

It definitely is a good keepsake to post throughout labor. I did it for Carleigh and I'm so glad I did!

Jennifer Nordin, LMT, CPT said...

Clary Sage essential oil on those reflex points my dear! Blessings to you and yours, Jen

Victoria said...

You're a joy, Joye, and I'm so glad you're among the top 100!

Unknown said...

Cute picture!! C'mon on baby!!

Mrs. B said...

adorable picture! thinking of you, mama. can't wait to hear (read) all about your progress! be blessed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape