3.01.2010

the hipstamatic and eureka!

I'm really not a high tech kinda gal.  
For the longest time I was completely happy with my cheap little Wal-mart go phone.  When it broke I bought a similar one.  Nothing fancy schmancy.  Just plain, simple, and toddler proof.  And really, that's all I needed.  But, I have to say, my husband's iPhone ROCKS!  He must have close to a hundred apps and they are all awesome.  My new fave is the camera app he just downloaded called the hipstamatic.  I love the variety of vintage films and lenses you can choose from and the pics it takes look so fabulously retro.


The quality isn't that great, but the effects are SO much fun to play around with!  Totally addicting.  We just had to pull out the vintage 1960's (70's?) eureka vacuum cleaner we found for a dollar.  It works better than my old one!  And I'm lovin' the groovy orange color.   We got a little carried away with our new addiction and Joel shot some retro housewife pics of me.  Seriously, who takes pics with their vacuum cleaner?  Ummm...apparently we do.



Here's hoping you all have a groovy, totally copasetic week.


P.S. Baby's still hanging in there and this momma is actually looking forward to staying in the hospital as long as they'll let me!  : )  What I'll be singing:  "Vacation" by the Go-Go's!

19 comments:

Mikalah said...

Haha, thanks for this post. You made my day! I love the vacuum shot, it's amazing. And, I have those yellow flats too! Further proof that our tastes are one and the same. =)

Lauren said...

I adore those pictures!!! You look so cute!!! Please tell me you got yourself dolled up for the photo shoot because oh my goodness you look perfect!!! I never look that cute when I'm vacuuming!!

Can't wait for Legend to make his debut! Do they allow blogging in the hospital?? hahaha -- but seriously...

Charity said...

You are the cutest thing ever. I was just thinking about you and wondering if your new Mister had made his appearance, He must be happy. I'll say a little pray for you.

Cha Cha

PaisleyJade said...

Looks so cool with the vacuum! What a great application.

All the best with bubba.

Natalie at Mommy on Fire said...

Hilarious, Joye! I am SO getting that app - thanks for the recommendation! Love the pics and the vacuum cleaners ones are SO funny.

I also loved staying in the hospital when I had my children. I was even kind of grouchy about visitors - don't people know this is the ONLY time I get to sit my butt down and be served? I will pray for a healthy delivery!

Holly said...

That's pretty neat you can make them looks retro!

Unknown said...

So cute! I would love an iPhone but I know I would be addicted to it. Thanks for such a fun post. I love the picture of you vacuuming. You look beautiful! Praying for the arrival of Legend. Can't wait to see pics.

Widge said...

hahhaa! love the vacuum pics!
When I had my fourth baby I was looking forward to the hospital stay too. cooked meals and cups of tea brought to me all day = bliss.
have a wonderful time

christy rose said...

Love the effects on those pics!!! That is really cool!
And I always stayed in the hospital as long as they would let me too!! :) Might as well let someone take care of you for awhile because once home it is back to taking care of instead of being taken care of. :)

Free Pretty Things For You said...

this is too cool!!! i want one now lol!

Mich said...

you are just too cute...pictures and all.

Amy said...

Oh so fabulous! I love it. You look like you are out of the glamourous housewives magazines from the 50's. So, cute! Can't wait for your baby to make his debut.
Blessings,
Amy

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

That is so neat!! Those pictures are great... I need something like that to do with my photos. What a fun app! "Singing vacation"... too funny! :)

Stephanie said...

Hehe! What fun! And you look stunning, Joye! I am hoping to actually stay in the hospital longer than 12 hours with our next baby (but I'm also hoping that's not too soon yet ;)

Kristin said...

LOL!! You crack me up about your "vacation". You look adorable with your vacuum cleaner! I have never understood the phone thing either....I always just get whatever free one they're offering at the time, but I am really, really wanting an iphone!! It would be so awesome to be able to check blogs and facebook while I'm waiting at school or dance for the girls!

Unknown said...

Oh so cute! My husband soo wants an i-phone! Did you see the app where you can now turn off the lights in your house from another location! See that just starts to scare me! :)

Wendy said...

I agree, stay in the hospital as long as you can :) Prayers to you!

Unknown said...

Ohhh those retro pictures are too hilarious!! I mean really! ;)

Oh I hope they let you stay longer too.. hey come to Spain. they let ya stay over two days. It´s so cool!

Dani Joy

Tashina said...

Oh my goodness, I have that vacuum! It was my grandmother's from about 1968. Still works too! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape