3.22.2010

heart gifts

I found this picture and a poem I wrote in 2008 tucked in my journal yesterday.  With my mom flying out in the morning, sleepless nights, and even longer days ahead I needed this reminder that I'm not alone.  


To my Jesus, who is everything to me

You are the sun 
that bathes my world in a thankful glow
that chases shadows far from me
that warms and renews my soul
You are golden Light

You are the bright splash of dancing leaves
against a clear blue sky
a sudden gentle breeze
the thrill of joy in my children's eyes
You are all of these

You are the tiny arms of a little child
wound tight around my neck
the tug of love upon my heart
when I hold your gifts to me
You are the warmest feelings that I get

You are the gentle whispered kiss of night
the peaceful sound of a dreaming house
the knowledge that everything will be alright
You are the arms holding me tight


13 comments:

Mrs Anne said...

Amen.
thank you for sharing.

BARBIE said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

Kristin said...

Beautiful, Joye!! I hope you have a wonderful week. You can do this!!!

Loren said...

Isn't it just like to Lord to "let" you find this at this very time! He loves you sooo Joye and will guide you and strengthen you every step of every day

Praying for you ~ it is sooo hard to say good-bye to our mommas! Sending big (((HUGS))))

Lauren said...

I love it when God does that ... just sends a sweet reminder of how much you're loved and how intimately He knows you. Such a ray of sunshine in this walk! Praying for you as your mother leaves today!!!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

What a beautiful picture, and poem. :)

Shayla said...

I LOVE THIS POST :D

Southern Gal said...

Beautiful. I haven't visited for a while and had to catch up on all the baby news. I love all your children's unique names. And 9 lb 6 oz? Love chunky babies. That's one ounce more than my first son weighed. My second boy (and third and final child) weighed 10 lb. 7oz. My babies like being in the womb for as long as possible!

Thank you for your breath of freshness. And I would love to know where you got the car seat cover pattern. Or did you just play it by ear?

Lovely Little Nest said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I've been away from blogland for a week and missed all of the excitement! Congrats on your beautiful baby boy!

That poem is incredible. You are a very talented writer...and God is awesome :)

Rebekah said...

I love it, thinking and praying for you. x

carissa said...

i can't believe i missed this a few days ago! so beautiful, joye!!! may the Lord grant you the rest (somehow!) that you need to take care of your precious kiddies! i'm glad you didn't think i was like stalkerish after the hair comment! : )

Christah Cato Photography said...

so whats his full little name?

Anonymous said...

Your photos are so gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape