12.01.2009

Christmas in the Heart


{The Sights of Christmas}
Visually, Christmas is stunning...  
Bright ornaments dancing softly in the lights of the Christmas tree. Red holly berries dangling in frosty windows.  Warm candlelight flickering on nativity scenes, and Christmas lights making the nights sparkle with merriment.

It is no small wonder that Christmas is so breathtakingly beautiful.  It is the Lord who created the light and gave us the fulfillment of His promise to never walk in darkness when He sent us the Light of the World, Christ Jesus.
"For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ." {2 Corinthians 4:6}
In the face of Christ...all darkness hides.  In the face of Christ...the very splendor and glory of the Lord resides.  In the face of Christ...


I want my eyes to filled with the light of His face.  I want to see Him in my children's joy, my neighbor's pain, my city's needy.  I don't want to turn away.


I want to take every opportunity I can to show Him to my children and to show Him to my world.  Because He is truly wonderful!  In Him there are no shadows, only brilliant light!  

What are you doing this Christmas to enjoy Jesus?  Share anything you want to about your Christmas!  Every Tuesday, I'll be offering you a chance to link up and spread the joy of Christmas!  Just copy and post the link to your post here.



14 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful post! Thanks so much for sharing and for hosting this!

By the way, your MckLinky says it's closed. Here is the link to my post: http://tjsmhanesfamily.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-in-heart.html

Jenilee said...

Here is my post!

http://the-goodwinfamily.blogspot.com/2009/12/sights-of-christmas.html

I used a small quote from your post... I hope you don't mind. It was written so beautifully. I had to share it! :)

I will check back and see if Mr Linky opens and I'll add my link that way too. Thanks!

Andrea said...

We are trying to keep it simple (with gifts) and focus on the real meaning of Christmas. My youngest son, who is almost grown is having a blast helping put up all the decorations.
Blessings, andrea

Unknown said...

Here is my link for today...
http://calledoutone.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-in-heart-and-busyness.html

Yeah, I am so excited to read everyone's!

Veronica said...

What a great idea Joye! Can't wait to read what everyone has to say!

Freddae' said...

We're looking for Jesus in everything this season...even crazy shopping at the mall. It's letting people in front of you, being gracious and sharing Christ through every word and every smile and every action.

christy rose said...

OOOh! I like Freddae's idea! Looking for Jesus in everything! Because He is there. Sometimes we just have to look through the mess to find Him!

Joyeful said...

Ditto Freddae and Christy Rose! And to all the lovely ladies who shared their joy with us--you guys are awesome!

Lauren said...

beautiful Joye!! I am so excited about this meme and plan to join every Tuesday!! :) Thanks for coming up with such a wonderful idea!!

Anonymous said...

I love this post...especially the part "In the face of Christ- all darkness hides"! YESSS!!! This Christmas we are doing the What God wants for Christmas set again. I love how the kids get to open the little "gifts" that go with it.

Penny said...

Love this!!!! Nice to meet you, too! =)

Holly said...

The light of Jesus outshines the best Christmas lights.

Unknown said...

Beautiful post! :-)

He & Me + 3 said...

Your words just touch my heart. So true...all shadows and darkness hides in the face of Christ.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape