6.06.2009

under the kissing tree...



Lauren at Walking By Faith featured this "kissing tree" yesterday and I just fell in love with it.  You can find it here and they personalize it for you.  For some of you it may seem frivolous, for others not at all, but this little tree rekindled something in me that I am always passionate about keeping alive...

Don't you remember those lazy days in love when you would doodle your name (with his last name) all over everything you owned, daydreaming for hours about being his missus?  You couldn't find a single thing wrong with your knight in shining armor, he was your hero.  And if you did find a chink in his armor, you certainly didn't dwell on it!  No, you were much too busy being blissfully in love to worry over such trivial things.  You would much rather stroll hand in his hand, butterflies dancing in your stomach, stealing shy glances at the man you pledged your wholehearted devotion to.

Do you remember that man that swept you off your feet?  The man you fell in love with?  Or do you think he's changed?  Maybe it's you that has changed.  Maybe it's both.  But let me whisper this small truth:  that man and that woman are still alive.  Yes, they may have changed, but not so much that they do not still exist--somewhere deep inside.  

Could it be that your knight seemed so valiant because he saw himself through your adoring eyes and was made braver for it?

Could it be that your knight seemed so caring because you abounded in forgiveness towards him?

Yes.  It could be.  And a knight becomes a hero when he knows he has won the heart of his lady.  It is never too late.  There is a battle that rages for your marriage.  Your love will be tested, it will be tried, but happy is the couple that fights to keep their love alive!

I want to be that blushing bride who meets her man under the kissing tree today and everyday...

How about you?

13 comments:

christy rose said...

Joye, This is so cute. I love the picture of the tree. I definitely do remember writing my name next to the last name of many differnt boys but it was my great privilege to only make it legal with just one. I love my last name and the man who gave it to me. We have grown in our love and I feel more loved and in love today than I did the day I took his last name.
Thanks for making me think of this,
Christy

really.truly said...

Wow, Joye....this was something I needed to read this morning! It's so easy to forget all the things we first fell in love with and replace those thoughts with the things we don't like...snoring for example!

I will go try and meet him under the tree ;)

Miss Charlene said...

I loooove this post! This one is so true!! We need to go back and remember all those things we found in each other at the beginning. Beautiful reminder <3

Lauren said...

I love your kissing tree!! Great thoughts to go along with it ... very very true! Time to get all googly - eyed again!:)

Always a Southern Girl said...

I love this post!! It's soo true, I was just telling my Mama the other day, that after being married 5 years the lovey, dovey feeling has worn off. She said you have to keep it stirred up. Life does get in the way, but set aside time to be lovey, dovey. I guess she knows, she was married 42 years, before my Daddy passed away.

I love the kissing tree post. Excellent...

He & Me + 3 said...

That is awesome. I will have to go check that out.

Tootsie said...

this is really neat!

Pilar said...

"Could it be that your knight seemed so valiant because he saw himself through your adoring eyes and was made braver for it?"

Wow, I just love that phrase. Need to really think about that and make sure he can still see the wonderful knight he is in my eyes!

Thanks for the reminded... really.

Tootsie said...

I got really lucky...no snow, rain or frost! thank goodness! Mother Nature is toying with me this year!!!

Unknown said...

I love todays post. My boyfriend and I have only been dating for a year but I love to be reminded on how I used to doodle my crushes in my notebook. Thank you. I love "the kissing tree".

Anonymous said...

I was sitting on the couch and talking to my sister about my current marriage situation, she gasped and begged me to read this post :o) and now I can see why! I'm not kidding you when I say that I have goosebumps right now :o) thank you for the gentle reminder! Would you mind if I used an excerpt from this post? I'll link back to you and post your icon :) let me know what you think, no hard feelings if you say nay ;)

Joyeful said...

Martha dear,

I tried to see click on your name to go leave you a comment, but it wouldn't let me go through!!

I just wanted to say that you can grab and link away!

Love,
<3 Joye

Unknown said...

THANKS for this great reminder! I needed that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape