3.07.2009

Haughte Hall

Remember my hall?  The one my honey painted neon red?  Well, I had a plan all along.  I've been collecting frames from thrift stores and discount racks for the past two years.  (Don't laugh--frames are expensive, folks!)  I painted them all black (if you buy the ones that are nicked at a discount all you have to do is color over the nicks with a black permanent marker) and I was just waiting for the perfect red hall to display them in.  I printed out black and white photos of the family and added a few interesting vintage ads from LIFE magazines I had found at flea markets. My goal is to completely cover the walls up to the ceilings for the maximum effect.  So far, I'm loving it.  Bye Bye Boring.  Hello Haughte Hall.



4 comments:

Rachel said...

You're so creative! I love it!

MOMMY-MOMO said...

so beautiful! I love your blog :)

Lipstick n Laddles said...

The wall is awesome! I wish I can do the same but we still live in an apartment so I cant paint the wall red =(
Abt stumble upon, how does it work? My blog is just half a year old and I am still learning. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sarah said...

I love it. I have a wall in the living room that we have all different black frames, but it's just boring off-white. I'm too cautious to use bold colors. I'll be looking to your blog for inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape